Luther Burbank, the father of classical plant breeding, gave us 120 types of plums, 18 peaches, 28 apples, 500 hybrid roses, 30 cherries, 34 pears, and many more. His most cultivated - The Russet-Burbank Potato - saved The Irish from potato famine.
A man of nature, he worked alongside the world, rather than on top of it, to enhance humanity.
In his own words “ What a joy life is when you have made a close working partnership with Nature, helping her to produce for the benefit of mankind new forms, colors, and perfumes in flowers which were never known before.”
At Luther’s we carry on in the tradition of Burbank, working with local producers, combining and experimenting with seasonal produce. We attempt to capture the spirit of his work in frozen treats that are always different and always good.
Local produce, direct from farmers, just tastes better.
Pies are back!
Available Tuesday to Saturday, baked fresh each afternoon and available from 5pm.
Stay up to date with the current pie flavour on our instagram page @luthers_scoops
- Buffalo Milk, Rhubarb & Hibiscus
- Banoffee Pie
- Buffalo Yoghurt & Leatherwood Honey
- Fig Leaf & Strawberry
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Vanilla & Brown Sugar Custard
- Malted Chocolate
- Butterscotch Ripple
- Dark Chocolate (Vegan)
- Pecan Caramel (Vegan)
- Chocolate Hazelnut (Vegan)
- Pineapple & Lemongrass sorbet (Vegan)
- Watermelon & Strawberry Sorbet (Vegan)
We use local produce purchased directly from farmers wherever possible.
Some of our current suppliers:
- Bimbimbi Farm (organic strawberries)
- Inglenook Dairy, Ballarat.
- Kookaberry Berry Farm, Yarra Valley
- Kingfisher Citrus - Mildura VIC
- Ripe n Ready Cherry Farm, Mornington Peninsula
- Just Picked Fruit, Yan Yean VIC